It has been way too long since I last did a post. Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram make it easy to forget to do this. However, with that said, I’m back, and I’m going to try and get back into this blog.
Today I’m starting work on building Laura’s Spartan armor based on Spartan Kelly-087. I’m using a new program call Armorsmith Designer to help scale the armor pieces, so they will fit her right. At least that’s how the program is supposed to work. We’ll find out soon. Check out the video below.
There are a few parts I’m planning on 3D printing: gloves and upper armor. Though, speaking of upper armor, I’m still up in the air as to whether or not I put them on correctly. The picture show how they’re on the mannequin.
They look right especially when compared to a really nice high-res picture I found.
You can see the detail in the upper arm plates that is missing from the model I’m using which is why I’m going to see about 3D printing them.
That’s the only update for now. I’m shooting to make some kind of progress on this each week, so I’ll be sure to add a post at least once a week. The other reason I’m shooting to make progress on this armor every week is that we’re shooting to have this done by Questcon, which is the end of October. Let’s see if we can do it.