This is a project that I’ve been wanting to do and working on for some time. I even got a suit of Space Marine largely built.
However, a few issues arose. For starters, I didn’t realize it, but the size and scale was off on a lot of the armor. I also made mistakes during construction that would make wearing it and its final presentation a bit off. Then there’s the fact that my skills have improved since I began the suit.
As such, I figured I would just start over. This time though I would use Armorsmith Designer to help scale and proportion the pieces better. This is my results.
Right off the suit looks like it’ll work a lot better. I can also go in a work with each piece in the program and on paper before I cut foam thus making sure each piece is exactly the way I want it. The adjustments I made were actually small. I just adjusted the size of the chest, arms, and pauldrons. These adjustments should make the suit a bit easier to wear and fit a bit better. Though that is a relative term. I’ll still hit my goal of being roughly 7 feet tall in it too.
The jump pack is another interesting hurdle. Sadly, it’s the only template out there. While it is okay, I wish it was a bit better. As it is now, I foresee a lot of editing, free handing, decorating to make it better and more in line with how the miniature’s jump pack looks.
I will certainly be adding more as time goes by, but I won’t get truly back to this until after I finish Laura’s Spartan armor. Stay tuned till then.